You can see my full resume at this link but basically:
- Ran a marathon, birthed/raised/homeschooled five kids, earned a master’s, and ran a genealogy business, all while husband worked full time and was away pursuing his doctorate in the evenings. Need I say more?
- Secret to my success: time management. Self-discipline.
- Then while working as a university adjunct of genealogy, my students often expressed how hard it is for them to discipline themselves to stop researching to process the records they find and cite sources/examine provenance while hot on the trail of an ancestor.
- My students and other researchers often asked me to help them learn how to research with greater discipline–instead of just hunting like crazy, without stopping to document or analyze.
- I soon began to offer my services in documentation to them for a fee.
- This year, I am inheriting an entire office’s-worth of genealogy research results from a researcher in my family who admits that they spent too much time hunting and too little time documenting.
- This relative has given me permission to reorganize their work and chronicle it on my blog! Yay! 🙂
I hope that what I know will be of some use to other researchers out there! 🙂